Marketing with Videos – How to Generate Leads with YouTube Videos and Why You Need a Video Marketing Strategy
Marketing with videos is where it’s at. If you are having trouble generating leads online, this is where you need to focus your energy.
Videos are POWERFUL. They create leads on autopilot.
More than 1 billion users visit YouTube each month. Over 5 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube.
The trend is for people to watch video instead of reading articles.
Articles and blog posts that contain videos rank higher on Google. Higher page rank means more traffic and more views. More views means more leads. Bam!
So you need to have a video marketing strategy. Our goal is to give you some tips to take your video marketing to the next level.
Create your channel on YouTube.
First, you need to create an account on You Tube.
- If you don’t have one, create a Google account (Google owns YouTube).
- Go to YouTube.com
- At the top right click sign in.
- Click create account.
Second, you need to create your channel on YouTube.
- Sign in to YouTube on a computer or using the mobile site.
- Try any action that requires a channel, such as uploading a video, posting a comment, or creating a playlist.
- If you don’t yet have a channel, you’ll see a prompt to create a channel.
- Check the details (with your Google Account name and photo) and confirm to create your new channel.
Your channel should have a theme with a broad keyword.
Create playlists that tie into the same theme as your channel.
Create a good header that ties in with your blog, Facebook page, etc. so that when they see it they know it is your channel.
How to structure your video.
Start with an introduction to yourself (yes, you need to be in the video). This is part of branding yourself as an expert, get your face out there.
Welcome them like they have entered your home.
Smile and show some excitement, people aren’t going to follow you if you are low energy.
Provide information, not a pitch to your business opportunity or product. This is the basic idea behind attraction marketing.
People want to do business with people they know, like and trust. Your video should solve a problem your viewer is having.
At the end of your video, include a call to action. Invite the listener to visit your website or click a link to get your free training or other lead magnet.
Do I need special equipment to shoot my video?
No, today the camera on your phone or computer is high quality. Starting out, don’t spend a lot of money on equipment.
Add a subscribe button or watermark to your video.
You can use a branding watermark to embed your channel logo across all videos on your channel. When you add a watermark, viewers can directly subscribe to your channel if they hover over the watermark when using YouTube on a computer. Here’s how:
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- Go to Creator Studio by clicking your account icon > Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, select Channel > Branding.
- Click Add a watermark.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add a channel branding element that will appear in all your uploaded videos across devices.
For more tips and tricks about video marketing strategies, check out this blogpost about video marketing from MyLeadSystemPro: