Pinterest Training – Learn How to Use This Platform to Take Your Internet Marketing to The Next Level
Since Pinterest was launched in 2010, over 200 million people have joined in this unique site, on both the personal and business level.
Pinterest is a free, zero-tech, fun way to help build your business. It is a social media platform that is essentially a “virtual pinboard.”
Simply put, this site allows you to throw away all your post-it notes and organize your ideas all in one place.
When you create a “Pinterest for Business” account, you are tapping into a social network that spends an average of 1 hr and 17 minutes on the site (compared to 36 minutes with Twitter users).
What that means for you is more interest and more sales. BAM!
And unlike FaceBook, 90% of Pinterest traffic gets referred OUT to business owners like you and me, which makes it GREAT for businesses.
In addition, Pinterest is great for your search engine optimization (SEO) because it produces “Do-Follow” links, which will give you some serious Google love and link juice to help rank on the search engines.
So, How Do I Get Started With Business on Pinterest?
Step 1 – Create an account.
- To create a business account, follow this link.
- If you already have a personal account, you can easily convert it to a business account by clicking the above link and checking the box “Convert your personal account to a business profile” and follow the link that comes up.
Step 2 – Create your profile.
- Use a professional picture of YOU (as you learned from our other training, you are your brand).
- Pick a username. If you have a blog, tie your username to the name of your blog.
- Complete your bio. Use keywords tied to your business – Pinterest has great search capabilities and this will help people find you. Keywords will also help Google find you.
- Add your website and the links to your other social media sites. Note that Facebook will not allow you to link any business page, so currently you can only link to your personal Facebook page.
Step 3 – Create boards and add pins!
To add a new board from your profile:
- Click your profile button at the top of Pinterest
- Click the Create a Board box at the top of your list of boards
- Choose a name and category for your board – you can also choose to make the board secret or invite others to join the board
- Click Create Board when finished to create the board
To add a new board while saving a Pin:
- Click Save on the Pin you want to save
- Click Create a Board
- Type a name for your new board and select whether or not to keep it secret
- Click Create Board to create the board and save the Pin
Step 4 – Drive traffic to your site.
Here are a few ways:
- Enable Rich Pins. This provides additional information about your pins, including your picture and a description about your pin.
- Add the save button to your website. Once someone saves something from your website, their followers will see the pin and can click through to get back to your site. Other pinners can also find these pins in search results .
- Add the follow me button to your website and in your newsletter. Make it easy for people to find your Pinterest page.
- Promote your pins. You can control who they are promoted to and how much you spend.
On the date of this post, promoted pins are only allowed in the following countries:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
Pinterest is simple, there is zero tech required, and it’s 100% free…
There are hundreds of hours of training available at My Lead System Pro (MLSP). For more details in how to use Pinterest to generate leads and skyrocket your business, sign up for a trial today and start getting leads for your business via Pinterest today (when you click on the link it will ask for your name and email address and then give you immediate access to the training you need)!